Arizona offers plenty of beautiful sights, and Tucson is no exception. Situated one hundred and eight miles southeast of Phoenix and sixty miles north of the US-Mexican border, Tucson, Arizona’s second most populous city, offers no shortage of outdoor recreation, lessons in local history, and delicious dining options amongst the local fare. Additionally, Tucson is a hotbed for employment relocation, as corporations and businesses across the country are sending their teams South for temporary assignments. Whether you’re making a move yourself or visiting a loved one down South, we’ve got a list of the top five things to do in Tucson, Arizona.
Top 5 Things to do in Tucson, Arizona
Tucson, Arizona, has a population of 551,988 with a median income of $42,189 per household per year. Home to the University of Arizona and Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson has gained a reputation for being a major hub across several industries including military, technology, and tourism. So, what is there to do in Tucson? We’re glad you asked! It’s essential to get started with the basics.
- Dine in a UNESCO “City of Gastronomy. In 2015, Tucson was the first US city to be designated as a “City of Gastronomy” by UNESCO. With dining options abound, we recommend starting with 5 Points for an incredible brunch and Maynards for dinner!
- Visit One of Tucson’s Incredible Parks. Arizona’s incredible landscape has paved the way for some truly spectacular parks. All located just outside the city limits, each park offers unique views and activities. We think you should check out Tucson Mountain Park, Madera Canyon, Catalina State Park, Saguaro National Park, or Sabino Canyon!
- Tour Mission San Xavier del Bac. Mission San Xavier del Bac is located about 10 miles south of downtown Tucson, on the Tohono O’odham Nation San Xavier Indian Reservation. Built on the site of an earlier mission, the structure surviving today was built between 1783 and 1797. It claims the title of the oldest European building in Arizona and is a shining example of Spanish Colonial architecture. Hosting over 200,000 visitors a year, this beautiful mission is both a major tourist attraction and pilgrimage site.
- Visit Pima Air & Space Museum. The Pima Air & Space Museum is one of the world’s largest non-government funded aerospace museums. The museum is located just a 15 minute drive southeast of Tucson. Here you will find over 300 aircraft and spacecraft spread over 80 acres. With plenty to see, be sure to check out the replica control tower, and if you are a military history buff, there is an exhibit that shows the evolution of the US Air Force through the ages.
- Visit Tohono Chul. Tohono Chul is a botanical garden, nature preserve, and cultural museum located in Casas Adobes, a suburb of Tucson located on the way to Catalina State Park. Tohono Chul connects you to the awe-inspiring art, nature, and culture of the Sonoran Desert region. The words “tohono chul” translate as “desert corner” and are borrowed from the language of the Tohono O’odham, the indigenous people of southern Arizona. Founded in 1985, the grounds, spread over 49 acres, has a variety of garden landscapes peppered with wild and native flowers, shrubs, trees, and cacti. Don’t forget to visit the park’s incredible art gallery which showcases sculptures and folk art from around the American Southwest.
Relocating to Tucson
Capri Temporary Housing offers short-term apartments and corporate housing in Tucson, Arizona. We understand the needs of executive corporate travelers, government employees, health care workers, and you! Capri provides fully furnished places to stay, allowing you to walk in and immediately feel at home. We have been providing corporate accommodations for more than a decade, and we know how to organize your stay in Tucson from move in to move out. At Capri Temporary Housing, we provide everything you need for a home-away-from-home, you just bring your personal items, and we will take care of the rest! If you are heading this way soon, we hope that this list of things to do in Tucson, Arizona, come in handy!
To learn more about our affordable rates and how Capri can take care of you, please contact us today!