In an exclusive interview with Anna Scheller, the CEO and Founder of Capri Temporary Housing, we delve into the essential aspects of long-term stays in corporate housing. Anna brings her wealth of experience to the forefront, offering invaluable insights into making your extended stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. In this comprehensive guide, Anna provides a checklist of essential items and packing tips for guests planning extended stays in corporate housing. Whether you’re relocating for work, exploring a new city, or seeking a temporary haven, this guide has got you covered.
Understanding the Long-Term Stay Experience:
Before we dive into the checklist, Anna underscores the importance of comprehending what a long-term stay entails. “It’s about creating a sense of home,” Anna says, “a place where you can relax, work, and live comfortably.” Corporate housing offers the perfect blend of comfort and convenience, and the key lies in being prepared.
The Packing Checklist:
- Kitchen Essentials:
- Cookware and utensils
- Dinnerware and glassware
- Small kitchen appliances (e.g., coffee maker, toaster)
- Basic pantry items (e.g., salt, pepper, cooking oil)
- Linens and Bedding:
- Bed linens and pillowcases
- Towels (bath, hand, and washcloths)
- Extra blankets or throws
- Hangers for your wardrobe
- Personal Toiletries:
- Your favorite toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste)
- Medications and a basic first-aid kit
- Hairdryer and styling tools
- Cleaning Supplies:
- Cleaning products (multi-surface cleaner, dish soap)
- Laundry detergent
- Trash bags
- Broom and dustpan
- Personal Electronics:
- Laptop and chargers
- Mobile phone and chargers
- Power strips or extension cords
- Entertainment (books, e-reader, or streaming device)
- Comfort Items:
- Your preferred pillows
- Decorative items to personalize your space
- Cozy throw blankets
- Plants or artwork to add a homey touch
- Work Essentials:
- Office supplies (notepads, pens, sticky notes)
- Desk lamp and ergonomic accessories
- Calendar or planner for staying organized
- Printer and printer supplies (if necessary)
- Clothing for All Seasons:
- A mix of clothing suitable for different weather conditions
- Don’t forget workout gear if you plan to stay active
- Dressier clothing for special occasions
Packing Tips from Anna:
Anna emphasizes the importance of planning ahead: “Start by creating a packing list tailored to your needs. Consider the duration of your stay, the climate, and any specific activities or events you’ll be attending.” She also recommends checking with your corporate housing provider to see what items are already included in your rental.
- Streamline Your Wardrobe:
Anna advises, “Select clothing that’s versatile and can be mixed and matched. This not only reduces the volume of clothing you need but also helps you create different looks.”
- Prioritize Comfort:
“Long-term stays are all about comfort,” Anna reminds us. “Bring items that make you feel at ease, like your own pillow or cozy slippers.”
- Think About Functionality:
“Consider the items that will help you work efficiently,” Anna suggests. “This includes creating a comfortable workspace and ensuring you have all the tools you need to excel in your tasks.”
- Make It Feel Like Home:
“Personal touches, like family photos or your favorite scented candle, can make your corporate housing unit feel more like home,” Anna shares.
- Stay Organized:
Anna recommends using packing cubes or storage bins to keep your belongings organized during your stay. “Staying organized helps you find what you need quickly.”
Anna Scheller’s comprehensive guide to essentials for a long-term stay in corporate housing provides a roadmap for a successful and comfortable extended stay. By being prepared, streamlining your packing, and making your temporary space feel like home, you can truly enjoy the experience of living away from home while having everything you need at your fingertips.
Whether you’re embarking on a work assignment, exploring a new city, or facing a life transition, corporate housing, and the right packing strategy can make your journey smoother and more enjoyable.
For more expert insights and tips, stay tuned for further blogs from Anna Scheller and the Capri Temporary Housing team!