In an exclusive interview with Anna Scheller, the CEO and Founder of Capri Temporary Housing, we delve into one of the essential aspects of corporate housing maintenance. In this blog post, Anna provides valuable insights into maintaining a clean and organized corporate housing unit and offers expert tips on housekeeping and housekeeping services. These services, while not directly offered by Capri, can significantly enhance the comfort and convenience of your stay in corporate housing.
The Importance of a Clean and Organized Corporate Housing Unit
When asked about the importance of maintaining a clean and organized corporate housing unit, Anna emphasized that it’s not just about aesthetics; it’s about creating a comfortable and productive environment for residents. She noted that cleanliness and organization play a crucial role in ensuring a pleasant stay.
Regular Cleaning and Maintenance Checklist
Anna Scheller went on to provide a comprehensive checklist for regular cleaning and maintenance in a corporate housing unit. She highlighted the following key areas:
- Regularly clean appliances such as the stove, oven, microwave, and refrigerator.
- Empty and clean the trash bin regularly.
- Wipe down countertops, cabinets, and kitchen surfaces.
- Clean and disinfect the toilet, sink, and shower/bathtub.
- Replace towels and toiletries regularly.
- Ensure proper ventilation to prevent mold and mildew.
- Living Areas:
- Vacuum and mop the floors as needed.
- Dust and clean all surfaces, including tables, shelves, and entertainment units.
- Change bed linens regularly.
- Dust and clean bedroom furniture.
Frequency of Housekeeping Services
Anna also addressed the question of how often housekeeping services should be scheduled in corporate housing units. She explained that while Capri Temporary Housing doesn’t provide housekeeping services directly, the frequency largely depends on the length of the stay and the preferences of the residents.
For short-term stays (1-7 days), Anna recommended a mid-stay cleaning to refresh the space, typically on the third or fourth day of the stay.
For longer stays (1-3 months), Anna suggested a bi-weekly cleaning to maintain cleanliness and comfort throughout the stay. This can include a change of linens and a thorough cleaning of all areas.
For extended stays (3+ months), Anna advised that residents should consider a monthly deep cleaning in addition to regular maintenance cleaning. This ensures a consistently clean and organized living environment.
Anna emphasized the importance of resident responsibility when it comes to maintaining a corporate housing unit. She mentioned that residents should be proactive in keeping the space tidy between housekeeping visits. Simple habits such as washing dishes promptly, disposing of trash properly, and reporting any maintenance issues to the property management team can go a long way in preserving a clean and organized atmosphere.
The Benefits of a Well-Maintained Space
When asked about the benefits of following these maintenance and housekeeping tips, Anna Scheller highlighted several advantages:
- Enhanced Comfort: A clean and organized space contributes to a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere, making residents feel at home.
- Increased Productivity: A clutter-free environment can boost productivity, making it easier for business travelers to focus on their work.
- Positive Guest Experience: Well-maintained units lead to positive reviews and recommendations, benefiting both the corporate housing provider and the residents.
In conclusion, Anna Scheller, the CEO and Founder of Capri Temporary Housing, shared invaluable maintenance and housekeeping tips to help residents maintain a clean and organized corporate housing unit. While these services are not directly provided by Capri, following these tips can significantly enhance your corporate housing experience. Remember, a well-maintained space contributes to comfort, productivity, and an overall positive guest experience. By taking responsibility and following these guidelines, residents can make their stay in corporate housing a truly enjoyable one.